DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR TEEN CAN BE CONFIDENT, SELF-MOTIVATED, RESILIENT, AND HAPPY — RIGHT NOW?
Dr. RJ says, yes, they can, and shows you exactly how in this parents’ guidebook.
We all want to support the teens we love to improve their grades, position themselves well for college or career job, and accomplish all the goals we believe they want. Yet, we adults are missing a key piece to this puzzle of adolescence that makes all the difference in a teen’s true success.
This book gets behind the reasons why teenagers are minimizing their potential, making self-destructive choices, and experiencing so much stress, worry, and unhappiness. Drawing on child-development research, personal growth principles, and scientifically proven strategies, Dr. RJ’s guide reveals fundamental but extraordinary ways to better understand and support your teen, without lecturing, cajoling, bribing, arguing, or punishing!
This book is filled with real-life teen experiences and practical tips, such as…
- How to help your teen choose thoughts that lift them up, not tear them down.
- Playing the “Time Jumping” game with your teen to help them get in touch with their emotions.
- The real reason teenagers, even high-performing ones, suffer from anxiety.
- Telling the difference between clinical and situational depression.
- Ways to improve your communication with your teen.
- Seven phrases your teenager should regularly hear from you.
- How to help your teen become a great leader of themselves.
- Harvesting happiness—how you and your teen can cultivate the Happiness State of Mind.
Peppered throughout are “teen talks,” excerpted from Dr RJ’s actual coaching sessions with teens across the country, to give a better understanding of the mysterious inner workings of adolescents. The author’s infectious enthusiasm and optimism hop off the pages, and make you want to be a better parent, a better teen—a better person. His straight-talking strategies show you how to get there.